Monday, June 8, 2009

Cold Turkey

Hi, it's Maryn.
If you know anything about me, you know I LOVE my nonnie. (some people call nonnie nuk) Me and nonnie go together like peanut butter and jelly. I like to have my nonnie all day and all night. I like to have nonnie at home and at church, inside and "aside", I like to have nonnie EVERYWHERE I go. Me + nonnie=LOVE!

Unfortunately, my daddy doesn't think I NEED nonnie all the time. He doesn't think I need nonnie AT ALL! But, since we both have strong opinions, we came up with a deal. I get to keep nonnie, but I can only have her for nap and at night time. (If I don't have her for the WHOLE day today, I get to go on a "daddy date night" dinner. That's where me and daddy go to McDonald's alone. No sisters! Just me and daddy. Pretty good reward, huh?)

Today after nap, I did a good job leaving nonnie in my crib. But about 30 minutes after nap, I got a little desperate. Check out the video...



It's hard to quit cold turkey. We'll keep practicing. (Maybe I will find some secret nonnies around the house that I can keep hidden for the hard days?! If you come over, maybe you can hide one for me???? I'll be looking!

Love,
Maryn

2 comments:

The Hanlins said...

Maryn you made my night!! That video was so cute/funny/sad. It's hard to get rid of such a close friend. Good luck!

annette klein said...

Maryn--Have you ever thought of using your thumb? Auntie Lauren used it until she was 5. They can't take that away :) Love ya, Mimi