A: Spending the afternoon in the Emergency Room at Children's WITH THREE 18 month olds! (ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!) You can't even imagine! Seriously, I couldn't have even imagined until I lived today. 3 starving kids (2 of them, sick) screaming non-stop for 3 continuous hours. It should be like a "fear factor" challenge. I'd rather eat a pig liver any old day! ;)
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Hi, it's Leah.
Today was a bad day. Mom said we were going to the zoo, which sounds like it should be a fun day, but it wasn't. We got to the zoo and barely walked into the door to go on the rides and my eye started to get all itchy. Pretty soon it was so puffy I couldn't see out of it anymore. I had big itchy red spots all over my head and my eye. My face kept getting bigger and itchier, so mom made us leave the zoo and go to a horrible place called the Emergency Room. When we got into the car, I saw that Maryn had big red itchy spots too. We cried all the way.
When we got there this mean nurse lady took my blood pressure, and it must not have been a very good number. (I could tell Mimi and mommy were nervous) After about 2 hours I started to feel a little bit better. Here's a picture of me when I felt better. (I know I don't really look like I feel better, but I do! You should've seen me before!)


Brynn was the only one of us who felt good, so it was her job to call daddy and papa to report on me and Maryn:

After WAY too long at the hospital, the doctor decided that we are either allergic to strawberries or sunscreen. He gave us some medicine and sent us home with something called an EpiPen. We can't eat strawberries or use sunscreen till we go and see Dr. Oster about an allergy test. (I hope that's not a shot!) All in all it was a horrible day for everyone, however, the mean nurse did redeem herself and give us Popsicles. I guess that helps a little.

The good news is that not all of the weekend was as bad as today. We had our very first babysitter come to stay with us! Her name is Anna and we think she's way cool!

We also went to see our GG (or Great Grandma) and all of her friends. Here's a picture of Brynn and GG.

Oh, what a weekend! Here's to hoping our week isn't quite as "exciting!"

Love,
Leah


3 comments:
Glad you 3 are all okay! Sorry you didn't get to see the zoo, but hopefully mom will take you again soon!
Oh my goodness! I can't imagine you all at the ER!! My boys had their 4 month shots on Friday and so Saturday was spent with fevers and lots of constant crying so I can't even imagine. I'm so glad the girls are feeling better. I love the picture with the popsicle! I will be interested to hear what the allergy is...
Aww, poor gals:( I hope everyone is feeling better.
Post a Comment