Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fat Lip




We had our first bloody nose today. One going up the slide, one coming down...Maryn's nose (and lip) lost the battle. Thankfully the pain was short lived; after 5 minutes we had our happy Maryn again!

Another thing we have experienced this week...something I hoped we'd somehow missed...kids thinking it's fun to take their diapers off. We had one poop/playroom room incident I can't too soon forget! Thank God for a good carpet cleaner and a heavy duty vacuum.

I read somewhere that the average 20 month old should know between 20-50 words. I'm not sure if that's true, but it got me thinking. How many words do the girls know?
I started a list after dinner, it is by no means exhaustive, but it is a start.
I thought the girls might be interested to know how smart they were at 21 months ;)

Words we know:
Abby-our cousin, Alex-our neighbor
Again
All done
Amen-when we say our prayers
Apple
Baby
Ball
Banana
Bath
Bear
Berry-which sounds like "Billy" ;)
Bite-either don't bite, or can I have a bite?
Blankie
Book
Brush
Brynn
Bubble
Bucket-sounds like "buckie"
Buckle
Car
Cheese
Color
Cookie
Cow & Moo
Cracker
Cry
Daddy
Dance
Down
Duck & quack
Ears
Eight
Elmo
Eyes
Five
Four
Friend
Fries-Every time we see the golden arches
Glasses
Grammie
Hat-which is ANYTHING that goes on their head...an actual hat, a headband, a ponytail, etc.
House
Hug
Juice
Jump
Kiss
Kitty
Leah-or LeeLah
Lilly-Mimi and Papa's puppy
Maryn-Kind of sounds like "May-Nay"
Milk
Mimi
Mine
Mommy
Monkey
More
Mouth
Nick-Uncle Nick
Night-night
Nine
No
Nose
Okay-or, kay!
Off
On
One
Open
Outside
Owie
Papa/Poppa
Peek
Please
Pop-which is our Jack in the Box, not Coke
Puppy & Woof
Push
Reese
Rock
Seven
Share-something they LOVE to tell eachother to do, but don't like to do themselves! ;)
Shoes
Shovel
Sister
Sit
Six
Slide
Snack
Sock
Sorry
Stuck
Sun-Mr. Sun is Brynn's favorite song
Swing
Teeth
Ten
Thank you
Three
Toes
Trash
Tummy
Turtle
Two
Up
Wagon
Yucky

Examples of 2-3 word sentences (we say many more than this):
Sister cry (To let mommy know that her sister is crying)
Bye-bye car (Let's get out of here and go somewhere in the car)
Sit down baby (Telling a baby doll that she needs to sit down)
Sister share (My sister needs to share!)

Such smart little girls. Mom and dad are so proud!
Love you!

1 comment:

Sarah Explains It All said...

That is so cute! I love toddler chatter. Lucy gave us her first sentence today... My daddy there!
I love sister share too. So cute!!