January 28th I turn 32.
THIRTY TWO...boy, does life go fast!
High school feels like yesterday.
Wasn't it last week that I was practicing the running man in my parents basement?? Getting my drivers licence? Going off to college?
Am I really married with three kids??
Thank God I am!
I am so blessed! But, where does the time go?
Lately, I have had the song Blink by Revive in my head.
You can Google it to listen to the lyrics.
Here are a few:
Teach me to number my days
And count every moment before it slips away
Take in all the colors before they fade to gray
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this
And count every moment before it slips away
Take in all the colors before they fade to gray
I don't want to miss even just a second more of this
It happens in a blink
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life? It happens in a blink.
It happens in a flash
It happens in the time it takes to look back
I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time
What is it I've done with my life? It happens in a blink.
Every time I hear that song on the radio...it kind of urks me. It really does happen in a blink, doesn't it?
This year to celebrate my birthday...I've been inspired to complete a mission. A mission of random acts of kindness.
I will complete 32 random acts of kindness this year. One to celebrate each year that God has blessed me. Some will be big, some will be small...but I hope they will all bring glory to God...and a smile to someones face.
I hope to bless some unsuspecting people and make their day a bit brighter. Just a small little way to "give back."
Random Act of Kindness #1:
Left $ on a vending machine.
Who doesn't love a free snack, right??
Random Act of Kindness #2:
Attempting to help jump a stalled car.
Today, in my work parking lot, there was a man who was sitting in his car for a LONG time.
(I know because I was parked in the WAY back of the lot...it took me about a year to get to my car)
Every time he turned the key, the car made an awful "putting" sound.
Now, I know NOTHING about cars...but I knew that wasn't normal.
Thanks to my FAB hubby and some car trouble of my own...I actually do know how to jump a car.
So...I checked for jumper cables and drove on over!
I asked him if he needed help.
He tried one more time, and what do you know...the car started.
Okay...so I didn't actually get to use my "jumping skills"...but at least he knew someone cared!
So, for the next year...along with adorable pictures of our girls...you will get an update on Project RAOK (Random Acts of Kindness). (I am sure they will be helping me with some of these!) And...hopefully through Project RAOK...our beautiful girls will learn more about the value of being compassionate and generous!
Here's to a great year (and many more) of counting our blessings!
Ali
.




No comments:
Post a Comment