Thursday, September 16, 2010

No More Nonnie (For Real This Time!)

Yesterday was the day!
We talked about it for a long time, but I hoped it would never really happen.
Yesterday, I gave up my nonnie.
(I am not sure if it was more sad for me or for my mommy)
When I woke up in the morning, mommy and I decorated a box for me to put my nonnie and other baby stuff in.
I went on a search through the house for all of my nonnies.
(Mommy and Mimi made me take them out of all of my best hiding places....darn!)
I thought maybe I could get one last little taste while it was in the box.
That's not cheating, right?
Then, we packed the nonnies up in the box and brought them over to baby Natalie to have.
I hope she loves my nonnies as much as I did.
I think she will! She was very happy when I gave them to her!
I even showed her how they work the best!
I thought I was going to be okay, until it was time to go. As we pulled away from the house, I got pretty nervous. I didn’t cry, but I did feel pretty sad.
I thought I would miss my nonnies really bad.
But you know what, being a big girl isn't as hard as I thought.
I have only asked mommy and daddy for my nonnie once.
They just had to remind me that we gave them to the baby so that she isn't sad.
I got a new "Snow Bear" for being such a big girl.
There was nothing to worry about mom.
I am doing great!
Love,
Maryn

2 comments:

Katie Sherck said...

Hoooray! Um, don't tell my Mom about that. I love my pacifier at night and am really not sure what I'd do without it. Mom said something about on my 2nd birthday I need to throw it away? She is crazy.

Love,
Brady Sherck

Danielle and Kevin said...

Way to go Maryn! We are so proud of you! It is very hard to give up something you love but we knew you could do it!